Surprise November Borns With Precious Gemstones!
Its that time of the year, when not only weddings, but anniversaries too will be in full-swing! Thinking of a unique gift? Think no more, surprise your loved one with a precious gemstone or their birthstone this month!
Gemstones not only hold meaning but also possess special powers. Topaz and Citrine Quartz are the birthstones for November. Read below and know everything about November gemstones, jewellery and a quick buying guide for gemstones.
Significance of November Birthstones
Citrine Quartz – Citrine Quartz is usually goldish yellow in colour. It is also available in orange and brown colour which looks fantastic! Usually having a vitreous lustre, it belongs to the quartz mineral class. It has a hardness of 7 on Moh’s scale i.e. the gemstone is not soft and won’t get damaged easily.
It is believed to have healing powers and keeps negative forces away from your loved ones. It attracts good health and peace, hence makes a great gift for loved ones! Be it a pendant or ring, citrine gleams beautifully under the sun. When studding Citrine Quartz in jewellery, it is suggested that you set it in Yellow Gold. However, its said that people could also use brass and silver. Considered lucky for all, it makes a perfect gift for anyone, regardless of their month of birth.
Did You Know: The name Citrine is derived from the citron fruit, a yellow fruit similar to lemon. Citrine Quartz is also known as “Sunela” in India.
Topaz – Originating from the mineral class “Topaz”; this gemstone comes in varied colours such as blue, pink, orange, yellow, white and many more. Having a hardness of 8 on Moh’s scale, Topaz is a hard and durable gemstone that will not dissolve in most chemical solvents. Topaz is considered to release stress and tension. It is also considered as a symbol of love. Gift your sweetheart a topaz ring and sweep her off her feet! Silver is the most common metal which is used when setting blue topaz. It is one of the most affordable gemstones available.
Did You Know – It is said that Blue Topaz was considered the original birth stone for November. The addition of citrine quartz can almost be viewed more as a disambiguation than a purely new stone. Topaz in India is known as “Topaz”
Gemstone Buying Guide:
- Before wearing a gemstone for astrological reasons, it’s suggested to check your birthstone with your astrologer or a trusted source.
- There are many qualities and colours available in a gemstone. It’s suggested that you opt for a good clarity, clear, transparency, deep colour and inclusion free gemstone. However certain stones may have inclusions because of their natural formation. Colour in every gemstone differs from each other. By far, the deeper the colour, the more valuable it will be.
- Always buy a gemstone under guidance. It is important to ask your astrologer, gemstone dealer or jeweller as to why they have suggested you to wear that particular gemstone. Ask them about the properties, qualities, origin of the gemstone.
- Most gemstones are found in mines. Do ask them its origin.
- Opt for a certified gemstone to ensure the clarity, colour, size, genuineness and origin.
- When gemstones are worn for astrological purpose, ensure that the gemstone touches your skin. Do educate yourself on this from your astrologer, gemstone dealer or jeweller.
- Avoid gemstones to be exposed under harsh sunlight for a prolonged period as their colour might change or fade.
- It is suggested that you keep your jewellery in a soft cloth pouch or box to avoid it from being damaged.
Did you just fall in love with November stones? We already did! It is a perfect gift for the one, who makes your heart skip a beat. If you know someone, who has their birthday in the month of November, you must gift the gemstone to them. Gift it to your mother. She would cherish it for the rest of her life! Gift it to the woman, who makes your life complete. Happy shopping!