Know How An Online Jewelry Portal Helps Generate Business Offline
As mentioned by IBEF, “The Gems and Jewelry sector plays a significant role in the Indian economy, contributing around 6-7 percent of the country’s GDP. The gems and jewelry market in India is home to more than 500,000 players, with the majority being small players”.
There has been a significant increase in the number of online jewelry portals and online jewelry sales in India. Online jewelry companies, by various means have been pumping crores of rupees to gain new customers and build their trust. Despite their various efforts, it comes across that their ASP (Average Selling Price) is of low value jewelry. Wondered Why ? In my opinion there may be various factors that affect the online jewelry sales in India. One of them being, the consumers in India still relate to the “Touch And Feel” factor which prompts the jeweller to have a brick and mortar presence.
As I mention about IFtoSI, a diamond grading acronym for Internally Flawless to Slight Inclusions you might think that its another new-bee that has joined the marathon of indian jewelry marketplaces. Yes, however there are various reasons why I feel this could be a great way of generating business and building traffic not only for jewellers and designers but also for traders. Know how,
IFtoSI offers – The first jewellery platform for B2B, B2C and O2O
B2B – A jeweller, manufacturer, wholesaler or trader could create a B2B (Business To Business) account where they have the facility to upload their jewelry, solitaires, gemstones or bullion online. This account can be viewed only by other B2B account holders which will help them connect to generate business with each other.
B2C – A (Business To Consumer) platform where one can upload their inventory (i.e. jewelry, solitaires, gemstones or bullion) for visitor / customers to browse through. They could also upload their contact details, email and store address.
O2O – In my opinion this is best part of the portal. While browsing through the various jewelry categories, a customer has the opportunity to email, call or walk into the jewellers store to try their jewelry on. They further have the opportunity to explore other jewelry products and categories offered by the jeweller, designer or diamond dealer.
- The website is very user friendly.
- Once a visitor logs onto IFtoSI they need to follow a quick sign up procedure.
- You will then receive an OTP on your mobile phone via SMS. After entering the OTP, you are all set to browse the world of jewelry with products displayed by approx. 32 jewellers across 11 cities in India.
- Product categories range from Diamond Jewelry, Platinum Jewelry, Gold Jewelry, Solitaires, Gemstones to Bullion.
- If you haven’t located your city, simply connect with IFtoSI and they will locate a trusted jeweller in your city / town.
- Jewelry On The Move- No matter which city you are in India, get access to jewelry from an array of trusted jewellers across India. Travelling to a new city, log onto IFtoSI and locate a trusted jeweller in that city, especially for NRI’s.
- Trust Factor – It’s said that every jewelry on this portal is certified and hallmarked. It helps in acquiring a customer’s trust.
- Jewelry Care Tips And Cleaning Your Jewelry – Educate yourself with tips on jewelry care and ways to clean your jewelry.
- Inventory Management – For jewelry traders its a great platform to showcase your inventory and generate business with new traders. Simultaneously you can also create a B2C account to showcase your inventory to customers.
- For Jewellers / Designers – It generates new leads and footfalls which in turn may help in sales conversion. A good platform for budding jewelry designers to showcase their creativity.
StylePrer Feels, As much as the future is in selling jewelry online, consumers still prefer to “touch and feel” the jewelry. When its about jewelry, having an online presence is essential. However a brick and mortar presence is equally essential to retain customer confidence. Do You Agree? Do Comment Below